Guidelines for Requesting Materials
• The Compact Shelving area is not intended to be a public area. Retrieval of materials from Compact Shelving is the responsibility of the Circulation Department.
• Items in Compact Shelving may be checked out unless they are marked as non-circulating. Loan periods are the same as for items in open stacks (4 weeks for most books; 7 days on bound periodicals.) Non-circulating items may be used within the building only. Some materials may have other usage restrictions.
• Eligible users are current students, faculty, staff, and community users with valid Shocker Cards.
• Materials may be requested in person, by telephone, or by e-mail. In-person and telephone requests made while the library is open will be retrieved by Circulation staff immediately if staffing permits. Requests made within one hour of closing may be retrieved the next day. E-mail requests should be sent one business day in advance.
• Requests should include the requestor’s name, Shocker Card number, telephone number, title of item, and call number. Requests for periodicals should also include the volume number, month, and year of publication.
• Circulation will hold up to seven compact items for requestors to pick up. Items will be placed on the 7-Day hold shelf at Circulation. Persons needing more than seven items may request an exception from the Circ supervisor.
• Technical Services is updating records in the online catalog until further notice. If you do not find an item in the stacks, check the list on the "I" drive to see if the item has been transferred to compact shelving.
• Contact information:
WSU Libraries Circulation
Telephone: (316) 978-3582